27/07/2010

Complete the Journey - The Finish!

Well here we go, here is my final blog of the trip - the shortened posts of the last few days were the result of not much happening when you're on your own on a bike for 10 hours!

I arrived home Monday afternoon, and to be honest felt sad that it was all over. Whilst I dreaded waking in the morning only to face a day of pain, I knew that Sean was going through his own battle, so it made my pain much less.

My mileage was helped by my ever good support man Graeme, after my speedo packed up he decided to disguise the mileage, basically bullshit me, which at the end of the day did help as I covered 20 to 30 miles extra each day!

It's been a long 6 days on the bike, day two was the hardest day, the days following that, while in pain through my legs and my bum, I was quicker!

My best day was Saturday where I left the main group at 47 miles arriving into Paris on my own. That day I completed 135 miles, boy my arse was sore!

I am still working toward my £10k target, with £8234 raised to date. I do hope in the next 3 weeks I will hit my target and move the funds over to the Cycle Across America pot. I would like to thank everyone for your support, I know that Sean will be so please with everything WE have all achieved.

Many thanks and here's to the next challenge


Gary








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Gary, glad to hear you completed your challenge.

Post a Comment